Version 11.10

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 11:19:35 UTC 2011

Pastor JW wrote:

> Problem being iced tea does not work with things like E-Trade's streaming
> quotes or any other financial site's pages that I use.  It in fact wouldn't
> work with 14 of my most used bookmarked sites rendering my computer useless
> for what I needed it to do.  I fail to see what is wrong with having a working
> computer.

And, going back to my original moan, my installation of Mint 10 KDE
came with a lot of plug-ins already installed including QuickTime,
RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, DivX, and mPlayer. None of those
appeared in the installation of KDE 11.10 and so far I have not been
able to find them.

So, as I said, I will be staying with my copy of Mint 10 for a long
time yet. At least, I now know the sutuation and I will research very
carefully before moving on to an upgrade or a change of distro next year.

Neil