Problem with kmenu

Paul Kaplan pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 20 01:31:18 UTC 2011

I did a semi-clean install of 11.10. Semi-clean in that I did a clean install of /, but left /home intact, notably the kde config files.

I had kde 4.7 running before the upgrade with no problems.

After the upgrade, I can no longer make changes to the kmenu. I make them, save them and they are never implemented even after restarting the entire system. Even after renaming ~/.kde and allowing the system to rebuild the directory after login keeps the old kmenu listings.

How can I get back to the system default entries in kmenu?
Paul