I wonder if there is a solution...

panos zafiriou zafiriou.p at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 21:20:08 UTC 2011

I have an old Toshiba Satellite (2007) that had 2 memory cards that added
up to 1gb. It runs kubuntu dual boot (grub) with XP but I almost never use
XP.

I recently decided to upgrade its ram with 2x2Gb so-dimm to breath some
life into it. After switching the cards I tried to turn it back on but
although the power light came on and sounded like the CDR came on nothing
else happened after that.

Does anyone have any clues that it might be due to kubuntu and that I
happened killed the poor laptop? Is there a chance to get it running with a
live CD? Any suggestions as to what I should do next?

thanks in advance
bad_robot