digital clock widget shows time only in 24 hours format

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Tue Nov 29 01:01:03 UTC 2011

On Monday, November 28, 2011 07:32:16 PM Tom Bell wrote:

> > Seems to be working here.....   and I don't even see an option to make
> > it show  24 hour format.....
> >

> > I'm using long-date for format   and  Ameria/Detroit   for time.
> >

> That's "System Settings" => Locale => "Country/Region & Language"
> =>"Date & Time" => "Time format", then select the time format.  Should
> work fine.

Been there, done that....    and selected the HH:MM:SS  format without the AM-
PM.  But my digital clock still shows  7:58PM  right now.

I guess the digital clock widget takes whatever is in effect when it is
installed.

So I uninstalled it (while 24 hr was in effect) and reinstalled....  No change

Still shows  a PM time.