Installer blank screen problem

Thomas Olsen thomas at tanghus.net
Mon Nov 7 11:02:16 UTC 2011

On Sunday 06 November 2011 18:35 Mark Greenwood wrote:
> Well I finally got this machine to work but not without a lot of swearing…

Wow. Sorry you had to go through all that trouble.

> I have 3 suggestions for the Ubuntu devs after this highly educational
> experience:
> 1) The GRUB time-out of 0 seconds is not helpful, at least give
> us a fighting chance of getting to the menu

Agree. Just a 1-2 second delay showing "Press SHIFT to display boot menu" or
something like that.

> 2) 'Recovery mode with
> networking' would be a really helpful option. Even Windows XP used to have
> that option.

+1

> 3) Plymouth is rubbish

+1 again. I've never had anything but trouble with Plymouth. It's not worth it
just to have some pretty graphics during boot. Ditch it.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Olsen