Does anybody know (of) clean fonts without anti-aliasing?

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 20:58:03 UTC 2011

Fonts aren't generally designed to look right without anti-aliasing.

That said, the Verdana font was designed specifically to look clear on LCDs. You can get it by installing the msttcorefonts package.

If anti-aliasing looks really bad, then it's possibly your graphics driver; on my system the anti-aliasing is horrible with the nouveau driver but with the proprietary nvidia driver it's better than on my Windows 7 machines.

Mark