1. Microphone Problem (Waleed Hamra)

Waleed Hamra kubuntu-users at whamra.com
Mon May 23 20:31:58 UTC 2011

On 05/23/2011 04:09 AM, Rod Lovett wrote:
> Hi yes in Natty, pulseaudio is a dead duck and the developers are not
> interested at all about this it seems, they bounced any emails about it
> as they only talk to themselves not humble users, the plebs.

<big snip>

as i mentioned in another email on that very thread, all my microphone
problems are gone after i upgraded from maverick to natty.
pulseaudio doesn't seem to do a good job, i don't blame its developers,
i am sure they created it with good intentions, and linux does need a
form of central management for all its audio drivers and settings, but
unfortunately, it still is lacking.
a better solution for now, is to just report bugs in launchpad, and i am
very certain everyone of them will be looked at.
if you believe that bugs in launchpa are getting neglected, you can help
us bu being a bug triager, it requires no computer coding/programming
skills at all, just basic computer knowledge.
and emailing developers isn't going to do any good, in any open source
community. developer lists are for strict development talk... bug
control websites are the right place to go.

--
Waleed K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems