unity desktop how do I find

Isak Enström isak.enstrom at gmail.com
Wed May 11 06:35:54 UTC 2011

On 11/05/11 05:17, uriah heep wrote:
> I am having problems finding things in the new desktop.  I could not
> find konsole (whats up with that?) and then discovered I had to
> download it so I did and now I can not find it.  I looked for symantik
> and it is supposedly installed but I can not find the interface.
>
> Would some one direct me to documentation on this or tell me how to
> find Konsole and a recognizable symantik?  I really would like to add
> the mediabuntu repository etc.
>
> Is there anyway I can get back the old desktop?

Since Konsole is a KDE application it would not be installed when using
Unity (Ubuntu). As for where it is I can't answer since I'm not running
Ubuntu 11.04 but try pressing the Windows key to show the menu and do a
search for Konsole. Similarly you could do a search for Synaptic (I
assume that's what you're looking for?)

Instructions for adding the Medibuntu repo should be available both at
www.medibuntu.org and at help.ubuntu.com

--
Isak

~~~