change desktop

Tom Bell cbell44 at cfl.rr.com
Sun May 1 07:14:45 UTC 2011

On 4/30/2011 11:12 PM, Errol Sapir wrote:
> I downloaded and installed Natty on my notepad as a fresh
> installation. I received a different desktop to the "standard" Kubuntu
> desktop. On trying to find out why and how to get the desktop I want I
> found out that what I had installed (without asking) was the Kubuntu
> notepad desktop. See the second photo at:
> http://www.kde.org/workspaces/
> I have 2 questions. 1. What is the "grey area" below the panel which
> is at the top of the screen? 2.How can I get the "standard" Kubuntu
> desktop onto my notepad?
> I have looked in settings an cannot see a solution.
> Errol

I was looking for something else and chanced upon this.
System Settings -> Workspace -> Workspace Type: Desktop or Netbook.
I did not try it as I am happy with my desktop, however, you might
find something useful in it.
Good luck!

Tom

--
  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  -- Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal), Roman Poet, late 1st, early 2nd century AD
("Who will protect us from the protectors?")