Desktop effects slow monitor performance

Isak Enström isak.enstrom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 12:49:28 UTC 2011

On 22/03/11 11:14, Georgi Kourtev wrote:
>> It is DELL inspiron 1525 laptop.  Below is the output of lspci | grep (hope
>> this is the correct command):
>>
>> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
>> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)
> sudo lshw -C video
>    *-display:0
>         product: Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller
>         vendor: Intel Corporation
>         physical id: 2
>         bus info: pci at 0000:00:02.0
>         version: 0c
>         width: 64 bits
>         clock: 33MHz
>         capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
>         configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
>         resources: irq:45 memory:fea00000-feafffff memory:e0000000-efffffff
> ioport:eff8(size=8)

That looks like the same laptop my wife uses. She's running Linux Mint
Gnome without problems (with Compiz enabled), I have only briefly tried
KDE on it. If you got time you could perhaps try installing Compiz just
to see if the problem persists using "apt-get install --no
install-recommends" (to avoid installing unwanted dependencies)

--
Isak

***