Media player for internet radio?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jun 14 14:18:22 UTC 2011

Greetings everybody;

My garage is also a workshop, making high quality sawdust.  But my radio
seems to be getting more senile than I am, refusing to stay on station for
more than 10 minutes or so.

I also have an old 1 Ghz I've Been Moved box with a 'Tahoe' main board in
it with kubuntu 10.4 installed on it, called goat because its the
sacrificial test box.  Sunday I booted it and updated it, then found a
media player that gave me a list of internet radio stations that was very
extensive and I found a CW station that was playing decent music.

Monday, I couldn't find that player again, all there seems to be now is
RythmBox, whose radio menu has only about 10 stations, either classical or
new age, and with about 90 db of bass boost.  Obviously that is not usable.

Can anybody tell me where the good internet radio program went between
Sunday & Monday?  Perhaps have synaptic re-install it maybe?

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
"Thirty days hath Septober,
April, June, and no wonder.
all the rest have peanut butter
except my father who wears red suspenders."