KDE startup - putting Network Manager back in

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 15:51:24 UTC 2011

Hello,

A few weeks ago I tried out the ability to log in to a separate session,
logging on as myself.  It asked whether to startup Network Manager for this
session and in the future and I mis-answered.

Now it does not start automatically.

I have tried all the KDE tools I could find (like Kubuntu System Settings
tool) and tried Googling, but somehow can't find the answer, even though it
seems so simple.

Adding NetworkManager to the startup list in Kubuntu System Settings doesn't
seem to do anything, as it doesn't start.  Maybe related to the newer
approach of starting services?

I am still on Kubuntu 10.04, 32 bit, but am using the latest KDE as far as I
know.

Thanks.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own