Grub screen when booting

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at web.de
Tue Jan 25 06:49:13 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag 25 Januar 2011, um 07:11:14 schrieb Basil Chupin:
> On 25/01/2011 16:29, Nils Kassube wrote:
> > And if that's not what you were looking for, have a look at
> > <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2#Configuring%20GRUB%202>.
> >

> > Nils
>
> Now, this is a most interesting thing which I don't believe that I have
> noticed before (I often check my own posts and have never noticed this
> behaviour, or, at the least, paid attention to).
>
> Clicking on the URL you provided above doesn't take *me* to the
> BEGINNING of that Ubuntu doco. entry but to the point/spot at which it
> appears that you *copied*/saved the URL and which is some screen pages
> down from the beginning of the article you quote above in your post.
>
> I wonder why this is so?

That's basic HTML. It's the link from the table of contents and uses a feature
of HTML which allows linking to a certain point in a page denoted in the HTML
source by the id attribute (in this case) or a named a-tag.
The URL "https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2#Configuring%20GRUB%202" tells
the browser to go to the page https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2 and
scroll to whichever portion is named "Configuring GRUB 2".

  --Reinhold