wap11 question

Brian Wootton Brian.Meg at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 5 17:06:37 UTC 2011

On 05/01/11 12:00, kubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
>>> s one has been opened up and well searched with no luck.  And of
>> >
>> >  I guess the only other trick I can think of is to hold the xxxxx button
>> >  while plugging the power in.   Where xxxx would be an ON button or
>> >  anything else that might fit.
>> >
>> >  But the Users guide should tell you that.
> The users guide is for a much newer model, this one is the old cream/grey
> cow patties with a couple of sticks on the back of it.  No resemblance to
> the modern blue/black linksys stuff.
>
> The guides rear panel also has no place for a reset button.  So if you've
> lost its address and password, tough.  Then its a frisbee, but at the age
> of the plastic case, a fragile one...
>
> Thanks Bruce.

I don't see any mention of it but I presume it has an ethernet RJ45
socket and you have tried
connecting to it(the 'router') via that, you don't say what network app.
you are using or
what OS either as far as I can read. If it will connect with 'loop-back'
you should be able
to find it's local ip address fairly easily with 'less
/etc/resolv.conf'  - nameserver.
brian