Install Win98 on /dev/sda4

Jerry Lapham rjlapham at
Wed Feb 16 07:29:20 UTC 2011

I had a Win98 install disk and 36GiB of free space at the end of my HD, so I
formatted it as FAT32 and it became /dev/sda4.

When I booted from the Win98 install disk it said DriveC wasn't the right
format and wouldn't let me install without formatting it.  How can I point it
to /dev/sda4?

Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH  45050
rjlapham at
"Given our monstrous, overgrown government structure, any three letters chosen
at random would probably designate an agency or part of a department that
could be profitably abolished." ---Milton Friedman