Adding home folder/trash can to desktop + plea for simplicity

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Dec 11 11:35:50 UTC 2011

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> On 11/12/11 10:17, Nils Kassube wrote:
> > It is already available in version 4.4.5 (Lucid) and maybe earlier.
> > However you need the option "Different widgets for each desktop"
> > enabled (even in 12.04).

> As I understand it, that means that I can have different icons on
> each desktop, but it does not alter the colour of the background.

It doesn't alter the background automatically but you can change the
background for each desktop individually.

> What I am looking for is to have the same icons on every desktop but
> different background colours for each one.

Granted, that would be nice, but it is not possible. Even in 12.04 I
didn't find an option for that feature. So if you want different
backgrounds you would have to put the icons on every single desktop
manually.

Nils