Wireless dead with next kernel

Guus gbonnema at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 31 06:21:36 UTC 2011

On 08/29/2011 01:59 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> Shift key? (shakes head in wonderment) Thanks, the ESC doesn't work,
> that is the 'normal' key for that, but of course the *buntu's just
> have to be different. They also steal F-key strokes from mc to pop up
> a worthless menu for something completely unrelated, making you run mc
> with a ^%$#@& mouse! What a PIMA drag that is. :( You can tell I've
> been running linux a long time, since RH5.0 TBE. Thanks, Nils.
Hey Gene,

Just responding to the MC bit. This stealing of F-key is an option that
is on by default from many terminal emulations under X in gnome, but you
can set it off by changing the profile you are using. Using KDE and
Konsole, I don't have this problem, but from Gnome I use to have this
and it is easily remedied.

Hope this helps
> Cheers, gene
Kind regards, Guus Bonnema.