Natty and wireless problems

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Apr 30 10:48:45 UTC 2011

tesmail wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. It is a fresh installation of 11.04.

I see - a fresh install and not really an upgrade, technically. And it
is is of course always supported.

> Below is
> the output from the commands.

> 03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n
> Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)

OK, that is a Broadcom card which should be supported (and actually you
wrote that it worked with 10.04). IIRC, there are several Broadcom
drivers and maybe the wrong one was automatically selected for some
reason, or perhaps the firmware is missing. However I can't help you
further because I'm not familiar with Broadcom chipsets. Hopefully
someone else on this list has an idea what to do.

Nils