Which USB Scanners work?

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Thu Sep 30 00:42:44 UTC 2010

On 9/29/2010 2:25 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 29/09/2010 13:11, Doug wrote:

>> BTW, someone else in the thread liked the Epson V300 Photo.  I
>> have one, and I haven't used it on my Linux machine (no network,
>> unfortunately) but in W7 it works really nicely, and fairly quick.
>>

> I did - mention the V300.
>
> But I am curious: why the comment about a network?

The scanner is hooked up to my Win7 machine.  The two other machines
(one a laptop) with Linux on them are not networked together or to the
windows machine because I'm too stupid to know how, and thus, I have
not used the scanner on Linux. (The desktop has PCLINUXOS, the lap
has that plus Debian plus Ubuntu, plus the XP that came on it.  In-
terestingly enough, the PcL on the laptop can access the printer which
is physically connected to the Windows machine.  Everything is on
the router, so somehow it is smart enough to do that.  None of the
other os's on the lap can do it.)

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.
  --A.M. Greeley