Which USB Scanners work? or maybe, fix the problem?

FarSight Data Systems msh at farsight-data.com
Tue Sep 28 23:03:10 UTC 2010

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong.

If I don't have to go through the agita and expense of buying another scanner,
why do it?

My current scanners are an HP 6300c and a 6200c.  The latter no longer
responds to any of my Linux boxes (I admit I haven't tried it with Windows.  I
may).

The 6300c does work, but it refuses to either do a preview scan or full scan
after performing 1 to 4 of either.

This is with xsane or the Gwenview plugin.  Basically, what happens is I get
an I/O error, meaning it loses connection somehow?

The units I'm sure use some form of USB 1.0 or 1.1 (yes, they both have SCSI
connections, but none of my current systems have SCSI ability anymore).

So, if I can get them back to working with my current hardware and OS, I'd
rather go that route.

So, anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks,

Mark