KOrganizer calendar flickering overlapping events. KOrganizer 4.4.2 in KUbuntu 10.04; jor Kubuntu

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sun Sep 5 21:46:10 UTC 2010

thanks for your great efforts, clay. :)

On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 17:17:06 -0400, "Clay Weber" <claydoh at claydoh.com>
said:
> On Thursday, September 02, 2010 06:49:09 pm giovanni_re wrote:
> > I doubt I can afford time to file a bug on this, since I'm too busy.  I
> > could maybe provide some more specifics in regard to specific email
> > questions.  Please file a bug if this hasn't been fixed (on both KUbuntu
> > & KDE bug trackers?), & you can file the bug. Thanks.
> >

> Even though it seems that you are always too busy, the amount t of time you
> have
> already spent on this email with its detail is *perfect* for a bug
> report,
> actually. (you took the time to write it with quite a nice set of
> information
> actually) It has plenty of details that could help pinpoint either where
> the
> issue is or whether more specific info is needed. or whether this has
> already
> been fixed in 4.4.5's kdepim. You would probably be spending *less* time
> if you

_if_ :  Point: only if I _had_ known about those venues, which i didn't.

Thanks to your last email, though, I put on my long todo list to try to
make time to forward my email on to those other 2 lists - kdepim & bugs.

Or, if you (or anyone) saw (or in the future sees) some/my info, & knew
it should be moved to some other place/list/bugreport in the world, you
or they could just as easily add those email addresses to cc when you
sent the reply to me, & that would move the information closer to where
someone able to step it one more step forward would see it, & would then
thus be in a position to take that step.

[That is my info for you, & everyone reading this, who possesses those
abilities, can also, if _you/they_ have time, can perhaps very easily
move things forward toward a better world for us all.]

> asked about this in a better venue rather than in here - unless you are
> wanting someone else to do the work for you, which it seems to be :(

I don't wsetdtwf me.

My intention was to give a seed of knowledge to the people with an
interest, ability, & time to move the issue one further step towards
resolution.

I could certainly file a bug report  (i've filed bug reports before) -
if I had the time.  Time I don't have.

I did also send that origianl bug message to the kde list.

> I don't quite follow what you are seeing, but I am using kdepim 4.4.5 and
> don't see any calendar issues with multiple items on one day.

*****  One might need to have about 7+ different time overlapping
events, in a way that causes both 1/3 & 1/4 spacing to occur.

***** A further piece of info:
The flickering happened for several (2-12?) hours, & then stopped.
***** So, additionally, this might only happen when the current time
marker line is within the bounds of one of the events.  *****

=
I'l send this to the kde list.

Clay - what is the email address for the
1) bugs.kde.org as well the
2) kdepim mailing list
?

Thanks.

==  Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture