Skype test loopback pitch low problem, KUbuntu 10.04

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sun Sep 5 03:53:23 UTC 2010

KUbuntu 10.04 64 bit,  on a desktop box. AMD PhenomII 4 core 64 bit
processor.

Had installed pusle-audio several months ago, then removed it cause it
is broken, IIRC, in KU 10.04

Using a regular microphone & speakers.
With audacity recording & playback program,
my box records & plays back fine.

Skype test call:
lady's voice sounds fine,
but my voice comming back has a very low pitch.
The timing rate of my voice is played back is correct.

So, the problem is not that my voice is played back both
- slower & lower pitch.
It is played back:
- at the normal rate, but with very low pitch.

Any suggestions to fix this?

==  Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture