Pulseaudio vs. Skype: no webcam mic

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 21:32:13 UTC 2010

Dotan there is some very odd way to fix this problem but I can't remember how.
It is something about getting Skype recording and then changing the
input with another sound program.

Found it (I think).

Start up a test call in skype and when it starts recording look in the
recording tab of the Pulse Audio Volume Control program for a setting
that works for you. For me it was "0809 analog mono". That is the
setting that is needed on my computer but not on the one that I
learned the trick from. The tab is almost blank if the skype program
is not recording at the time you look at it. Hope this works for you.

BTW baby is still going strong! Thanks for the naming help.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: