How to get a white background and black text on meerkat 10.10 kde desktop

user1 bqz69 at telia.com
Sun Oct 31 18:11:52 UTC 2010

I am using ubuntu meerkat 10.10

I had everything set up, and then I tried the new ubuntu netbook edition.

I could not find out how to get at black text under the desktop icons in
gnome netbook - I have managed to get a white background in the netbook.

When I then went back to kde, the text under my desktop icons had changed
colors, and the panel as well, so it was difficult to read.

I find it difficult to setup my ubuntu, both gnome and kde as there are
too many setup possibilities (that's just me who find it difficult I am
sure).

I want a simple desktop with white background and black text under the
desktop icons, so everything stands out clear and simple.

I do not know which theme to choose or do this color setup.

I am writing lots of small notes, but my brain cannot remember all what I
do - I need a simple setup manual.

I managed in 10.04 after some help, but those instructions I got there do
not work in 10.10.