kde desktop real estate

Jim MacLeod trym.side at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Oct 24 10:36:39 UTC 2010

On Sunday 24 October 2010 00:27:29 shawn wilson wrote:
> i've "fixed" my main real estate issue by just moving my 'task bar' panel
> to the top of my desktop. however, when i right click on the 'task bar'
> panel and select "panel settings" i get a bar with options: screen edge,
> height, add widgets..., add spacer, lock widgets, more settings. more
> settings brings down a dozen items, none of them allow me to 'control
> which windows are shown'.

The 'task bar' is a widget that you add to a 'panel'. Therefore a right click
within a panel in the area where it displays open windows must bring up the
options 'Task Manager Settings' and 'Unlock Widgets'. If you do not see this,
then Task Manager is not installed, so you will need to unlock widgets and add
it to your panel.

HTH
Jim