Your message to ubuntu-users awaits moderator approval

Perry pwhite at bluewin.ch
Mon Oct 18 17:47:20 UTC 2010

Le Monday 18 October 2010 04.29:23 Basil Chupin, vous avez écrit (you wrote) :
> On 18/10/2010 13:03, Larry Alkoff wrote:
> > ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
> >> Your mail to 'ubuntu-users' with the subject
> >>
> >>      Using Ubuntu 64 bit server
> >>
> >> Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
> >>
> >> The reason it is being held:
> >>
> >>      Post by non-member to a members-only list
> >>
> >> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> >> notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
> >> this posting, please visit the following URL:
> >>

> >> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/confirm/ubuntu-users/fb8b2a6fcbf61b100e
> >>ee13d784fe645c8630c3ad
> >
> > I have been a member of ubuntu-users list since July 13, 2006.
> >
> > Dear larryalk,
> >
> > Thanks for registering at Ubuntu Forums! We are glad you have chosen to
> > be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.
> >
> > All the best,
> > Ubuntu Forums
>
> Ubuntu-users is not ubuntu forums.
>
> BC

Larry already posted on this list, see :
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2010-August/051611.html

The OP seems to be have the same address "Larry Alkoff
<labradley at mindspring.com>" on the latest mail or "Larry Alkoff labradley at
mindspring.com " from the archive.

What could have changed?
_If mindspring.com is only a mail service provider (like GMail) the ISP
(Internet supplier service) may have changed.
I cannot swear (damn memory) that this makes any difference, I just have a
vague recollection.
[Solution: see if you can change some parameters in
"https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users" or just
resubscribe.]
_Another possible change is that you were not posting from your usual computer
and modem/router (Cookie or uuid?). I don't know if that matters.
The simplest cure would still be the same.

But I'll will be glad to learn more about this.

Cheers		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #447: According to Microsoft, it's by design