panel always start w wrong size

Tom Bell cbell44 at cfl.rr.com
Fri Oct 15 12:56:17 UTC 2010

  On 10/12/2010 9:27 AM, O. Sinclair wrote:
> on Kubuntu 10.10 and KDE 4.5.1
>
> most things work well, have found a few glitches though. One is
> irritating: I work on a laptop and connect to an external monitor. When
> I switch over to the external monitor the Panel does not automatically
> resize but has to be maximized manually. Every time...
>
> Anyone have an idea, it was not like that in Lucid and I have found no
> setting for it.
>
> Kindly
> Sinclair

Did you try right clicking on the titlebar of the panel -> Advanced ->
Special Window Settings?
In that box you will a plethora (yes, an entire plethora) of choices.  I
generally use "Remember"
for "Position" in the "Geometry" tab.  However, you will find a large
selection to choose from.
Good luck!

Tom

--
  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  -- Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal), Roman Poet, late 1st, early 2nd century AD
("Who will protect us from the protectors?")