Ubuntu server 10.10

GeraldCC gcsgcatling at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 12 22:12:32 UTC 2010

Hi to all,
I have been trying to install Ubuntu 10.10 Server (64bit) and find it less than
useless.
I prepared the 2 disks as follows:-
/dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1 300MB as boot and bboot ext2
/dev/sda2 and /devsdb2  20GB as / raid1 ext4 --md0
/dev/sda3 and /dev/sdb3 20GB as /home raid1 ext4 --md1
/dev/sda5 and /dev/sdb5 4GB as swap raid1 swap
/dev/sda6 and /dev/sdb6 100Gb as /mnt/data raid1 ext4 --md3
After installation The system does not boot
Booting the CD in rescue mode, I then have the following partitions:-
/boot 20Gb and everything is in there
/        20Gb  and nothing in there
/home 20GB and nothing in there
/mnt/data 20GB and nothing in there
the md'x' partitions have nothing in either.
Can anyone explain what has happened??
I would really like to get this working.
In fact I would like to get it working as well as Centos 5.5 (64bit) does. But
unfortunatly Cento 5.5 does not support my printers.
I am sure that I am doing something wrong, but what??
Gerald