Pulseaudio on Maverick 10.10

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 21:26:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 21:37 +0100, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> On 12 October 2010 21:30, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am sure you are right - the problem is that the Kubuntu install does
> > not include it (Ubuntu Gnome and Kubuntu KDE are not the same) and there
> > are no settings in System Settings (at least not with my Intel HDA card)
> > for Pulseaudio.
> I have it on my upgraded Kubuntu but it's completely broken. 16%, no
> audio. 17%? LOTS of it.
> 2nd audio card? Detected. Direct audio on both? Nothing comes out of
> the USB card but the audio coming out of the laptop speakers are
> halved.

Using pavcontrol / output devices / change that setting.
Analog Output / Amplifier is for powered speakers.
Analog Output No Amplifier is for non-powered speakers. Like earbuds...
no amp.
Then you have two LDE settings, amplified and non-amplified

Put the one that you actually have... I suspect you have it set wrong.

> Pre 10.10, I could control the 2.1 speakers built in on the laptop
> perfectly one, now that capacity is gone.

Once you are setup correctly, it should work amazingly well. Or, Kubuntu
has it wrong. I install Ubuntu, then install KDE after. That solved my
issues.

Pulse is drop dead great, when it's working. And, I used to loathe it
and ranted against it a LOT! :) Ric

Linux user# 44256