HELP!!!!!

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Thu Nov 25 16:06:50 UTC 2010

On Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:57:46 am Bill vance wrote:
> Howdy folks;
>
> Well, what with the library being closed on the 23rd, and the email
> from all the lists I'm subbed
> to pileing up without me dealling with it, I gave up, and installed
> 10.04.  I guess that's Lucid
> Lunatic or some such.  Who comes up with all these silly assed names
> anyway?
>
> So anyhow, I installed Ubuntu to get a working pulseaudio, only it don't
> work.
>
> I also tried to get the kde files, too, but that isn't starting up either.
>
> Anyone know what the essential files are for these?

pauvcontrol and I don't know why it is not automatically installed with
pulseaudio.  It shows you things which may be muted and allows you to easily
make changes.  I upgraded from 8.04 to 10.04 and the notes stated that only
Ubuntu would upgrade properly so I used it to upgrade although it is not ever
used.  I did get sound to work after alot of fiddling but pauvcontol really
helped with the setup of all my subsequent installs!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403