Cannot set second screen beside first screen

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon May 24 10:47:57 UTC 2010

On 24 May 2010 13:06, Hakan Koseoglu <hakan at koseoglu.org> wrote:
> Do you reuse your old file?

No, brand new install. This install doesn't even have an xorg.conf file!

> All I had to do with 9.04 + my crappy
> Intel card on my Dell laptop was to do something similar with only the
> relevant bits left in - the later Xorg should still manage the rest
> automatically. (On my Dell 9400 it still wouldn't do more than
> 2048x2048 in virtual mode and when the bug was raised it was claimed
> it was an hardware limitation - suprisingly enough 10.04 has this
> "hardware limitation" removed!)

Typical!

I just asked on the xorg list, as I suspect that this is a limitation
of the radeon driver (due to the maximum screen size being 1680x1680
as reported when I try to increase it). If anything turns up, I will
update her for the fine archives.

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen