Cannot set second screen beside first screen

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Mon May 24 10:06:46 UTC 2010

Dotan,
On 24 May 2010 09:02, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Section "Screen"
>>        Identifier      "Default Screen"
>>        Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
>>        Device          "Configured Video Device"
>>        SubSection "Display"
>>               Virtual 3360 1050
>>        EndSubSection
>> EndSection
> Yes, whenever I use an xorg.conf file, Ubuntu boots into "low graphics
> mode". I might have to install Ubuntu 7.04 to salvage a working
> xorg.conf file to modify!
Do you reuse your old file? All I had to do with 9.04 + my crappy
Intel card on my Dell laptop was to do something similar with only the
relevant bits left in - the later Xorg should still manage the rest
automatically. (On my Dell 9400 it still wouldn't do more than
2048x2048 in virtual mode and when the bug was raised it was claimed
it was an hardware limitation - suprisingly enough 10.04 has this
"hardware limitation" removed!)