Problem setting up printers in Lucid

pkaplan1 at comcast.net pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Tue May 18 01:55:15 UTC 2010

I don't think this is a driver issue. I'm pretty certain that when the config tool lists the printer type it is reading something that our network admins have programed into the print server at the specific TCP address. If I select one of the printers and click Next, I get to a list of printer manufacturers and subsequently a list of printer types and finally drivers. My problem is in not being able to identify which printer (which print server) is associated with each name the initial list because instead of seeing the TCP address, I see a 6-character code which is meaningless to me.
Paul