Drop out with 1080p file

Mark Greenwood captain_bodge at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 16 21:05:53 UTC 2010

On Sunday 16 May 2010 21:01:29 Knapp wrote:
> I am getting drop outs with this file, especially in the bit with the
> dog and the man walking through the long grass.
> Is this due to my amd x2 64 cpu, my nvidia geforce 7600 gs video card
> or maybe KDE or the something else? What do I need to get it to work?
> 4GB ram btw. Running it with 10.04 and the 195.36.15 driver. Playback
> with VLC.

That setup, especially with nvidia grpahics, should give you excellent playback performance - however, ubuntu forgot to install the vdpau driver that makes this happen.

sudo apt-get install libvdpau1

You may also have to enable vdpau playback in VLC, if VLC supports it, I don't know - I always use SMPlayer.

Mark