How to get a white background and black text on lucid 10.04 kde desktop

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Thu May 13 14:17:36 BST 2010

On 05/13/2010 05:19 PM, user1 wrote:
> I have installed 10.04 lucid and kde 4.4.2
> I used the alternate cd and I have both gnome and kde installed.

If you've installed kde *other* than "kubuntu-desktop", then
'sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop'.
If you have done that, then at a terminal
'dpkg-reconfigure kdm' may help.

> How do I get a white background and black icon text on my desktop.
>
> How do I move the small desktop icons on the panel to the right side.

There is a small 'cashew' on top right corner of screen, right click and
'unlock widgets', then a similar cashew will appear at the panel, right
click and modify away.

> Anybody know about a quick setup guide to kde 4.4.x in lucid 10.04

These may help, not specifically on kubuntu, but applies nevertheless.
http://userbase.kde.org/
http://www.kde.org/

> I know fairly well how to setup kde 3.5
>
> By the way, I am very positive impressed by this new KDE :-)
>
> Congratulations to all you smart developers out there!

We are all users here, and developers seldom see this list, and same
goes for the ubuntu-list. Launchpad will be a better place if you need
developers to read, understand your concerns.

Regards - Goh Lip