Upgrade to 10.04 broke wireless.

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Sat May 8 16:12:11 UTC 2010

2010/5/8 Bruce Marshall <bmarsh at bmarsh.com>:
> On Saturday, May 08, 2010, Jonas Norlander wrote:
>>  Either nothing happens or I repeatedly got
>> bad password/key. I have a WPA2-PSK network. As far as I understand
>> its the WPA2 that has been the problem before and it looks like its
>> back again.
>
> It is not a problem with WPA other than having two copies of wpa-supplcant
> running at the same time.

Why would it start two? I haven't installed or used Wicd and I only
have one wireless network card.

Anyhow started to fiddling some more with it. Ended up removing
network-manager-kde and installed plasma-widget-networkmanagement and
manage to get it to work. I had to manually add my wireless network in
"Manage connections" for it to work. I'm not sure why I'm just happy
it works again.

/ Jonas