10.04 upgrade

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sat May 1 14:29:58 UTC 2010

On 04/30/2010 11:49 PM, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> On 04/30/2010 08:19 AM, Nigel Ridley wrote:
>
>> Any of you guys done the upgrade yet from 9.10 yet?
>> Any problems or a no-brainer?
>>
>> I think I shall wait a bit as this is my main production box.
>>
>> Nigel
>>

> A couple of questions:
>
> How long did the upgrade from 9.10 take approx ?
> And was there any problems with non-standard repo app installs?
>
> Nigel

I started my upgrade last night/this morning at about midnight. The
system rebooted somewhere a bit after nine this morning. It was just
finishing downloading files a little after six when I got up. Download
speed when first started was somewhere around 56kbs and finished up
somewhere around 35kbs. I don't know if it was server load or just slow
servers. We have a 1.5meg both ways connection so I'm relatively sure
the slow speed wasn't on our end.

--
Some people are like Slinky's.

Not good for much but fun to watch when you push them down the stairs.

Sent with Thunderbird on my Kubuntu Linux Desktop