New Kubuntu install kernel panicing

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 09:33:31 UTC 2010

> I hope you mean 512 MB..:-) That should be enough. I take it you do have
> some swap space as well?

Yes, 512 MB. Sorry! There is 2GB swap space.

>> I suspected a RAM problem, but memtest
>> found nothing. There does not seem to be anything relevant in any
>> logs, and the machine is not overheating.
>
> With unstable hardware the things I usually check for are:
> Memory test - you've done that
> Check all internal connections - drive cables, PCI cards properly seated, all
> motherboard connectors

Yes, I reseated everything. I would usually even swap out the IDE
ribbon, but I don't have another one here.

> Are you using any proprietary drivers (eg nvidia)? Does the panic still happen
> if you use the OSS driver?

All FOSS drivers.

> Look for a BIOS update

Thanks, I will look for one.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.