Kubuntu Stole My Computer

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 11:36:19 GMT 2010

> According to iotop the big users are:
>   kdeinit4:  (various sub-progs)
>   X -br nolisten
>   Firefox
> Something odd about the last one:  I had removed some add-ons to firefox,
> hoping to speed it up, and experienced some strange behavior when shutting it
> down.  Later, when starting it back up, it almost finished it's
> startup, and then
> vanished.  When I got the above from iotop, firefox shouldn't even have been
> there, but was in the background somewhere, and doing something unauthorized.

Clean up the preferences file, whatever it is called (the on that
about:config write to). Yu will find a lot of preferences for old
extensions, and that often leads to problems such as sluggish
behaviour or slow startup.

Dotan Cohen

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.