akonadi error

Alvin info at alvin.be
Mon Mar 15 13:15:13 UTC 2010

On Monday 15 March 2010 13:46:49 Jonas Norlander wrote:
> 2010/3/15 Alvin <info at alvin.be>:
> >>
> >> You can take a look at http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi
> >
> > Yes, follow the instructions there. I've noticed however, that a lot or
> > mysql errors will remain.
>
> I think I tried everything there and a lot of other suggestions from
> the net to but could not get Akonadi to work. Suddenly it just started
> to work but its still very slow and brings my PC to it knees when
> scanning files, which it do a couple of times a day.

That is consistent with my experience. I tried to remove some of the mysql
errors, but following the advice from the userbase, I only managed to get more
errors.

Aside from lost fields and distribution lists in KaddressBook, and strange
conflicts in calendar it works, but I will not install this on my mobile, as
long as it doesn't have 4GB RAM.