Have Acroread 9.3 plugin, but Firefox won't load .pdf files

john d. herron paradox.herron at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 6 10:33:48 UTC 2010

Hi, all.
FF 3.0.18 is my current web browser and the Adobe Reader v. 9.3 my
preferred pdf-viewing application.
FF Preferences - Applications shows /"Use Adobe Reader 9.3 (in
Firefox)"/ as the action for PDF file content type.
But when in a web page I click on a link pointing to a .pdf document, I
get this:

    /Could not launch Adobe Reader 9.3. Please make sure it exists in
    PATH variable in the environment. If the problem persists, please
    reinstall the application/

Where should I check, and how can I correct the situation?
Thanks for helping.

john
Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy
KDE 3.5.6 - Linux 2.6.20-17 generic