Games, Drivers & all

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 12:49:00 UTC 2010

On 3 March 2010 13:18, Varun Jindal <seeu.varun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jonas, its not at all that I don't read the solutions given by everyone o
> the mailing list. I thouroughly read every mail that appears on this thread.
> However, the reason for reasking was that when I attempted to install Wine,
> I got an error that was somethink like: unresolved dependencies........could
> not find libapt-inst-libc6.9-6-1.1 . That is why I had asked for another
> Wine.deb download link hoping that it won't complain about dependencies...

That's because almost all packages depends on other packages. In a
console you can write "apt-cache depends wine" to get what packages
wine depends on. Download and install them first.
That's one of the reason using a package manager and a Internet
connection make it so easy, it download all the dependencies to.

For me it gives (but could show other result for you):

jonas at Tor:~$ LANG=en apt-cache depends wine
wine
  Depends: wine1.2

jonas at Tor:~$ LANG=en apt-cache depends wine1.2
wine1.2
  Depends: procps
  Depends: binfmt-support
  Depends: ia32-libs