Fwd: downloading wicd for Kubuntu 8.04

ray burke rayburke30 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 20:43:27 UTC 2010

On 7/21/10, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20/07/2010 16:53, Clay Weber wrote:
>  > On Tuesday, July 20, 2010 02:31:38 am ray burke wrote:
>  >
>  >>
>  >> clay in Xp pro,
>  >>
>  >> if I install WICD in adept_manager and the mobile wireless
>  >> broadband(stick) dosent work can I reload the Kppp app to use as normal
>  >> dialup? I have read that I it wont run aling aside each other "wicd and
>  >> Kppp)?
>  >>
>  >> ray
>  >
>  > I have no idea if *kppp* has any conflicts with wicd, I do know
>  > *knetworkmanager* does.
>  >
>  > Of course you can uninstall wicd and reinstall whatever  you were using if it
>  > does not work
>

> jumping in here: WICD and KPPP should not have conflicts as they deal
>  with different things. WICD does not deal with anything dial-up and KPPP
>  does not deal with anything BUT dial-up
>

>  --

o.sinclair in k,

I installed wicd it now shows in my k-menu, so I clicked on to it and then
it came up with a window for details about wireless connection but not
recognised
any when I plugged in my 3g usb modem stick (isp DoDo), and the double computer
screen shows in the notification area, so what is wrong /or what do I do?

ray