Download Speed with Kubuntu Karmic 64bit

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 31 16:02:30 UTC 2010

On Friday 29 January 2010 10:52:07 pm Goh Lip wrote:
> On 01/30/2010 12:23 AM, Steven Vollom wrote:
> > I believe I read all the various options without success.  Do you think
> > the progress bar that shows from the panel is a KDE item or perhaps
> > Kubuntu Karmic or perhaps someone who created a plazmoid?  I would like
> > to ask the correct creator about this.  Thanks!
>
> Steven, this is not a plasmoid, but may come useful if you need to check
> download/upload network speed, ram usage and memory.
>
> Menu --> System --> System Monitor
>
> regards - goh lip

Thanks Goh Lip, I looked at that earlier.  It works great for networking,
however, I was unable to follow the numerical changes in disk transfer.
Perhaps I did not understand the configuration abilities.  The system load
choice is interesting to me in another way.  I have never seen system load for
the various processors before.  Thanks for the idea though.

Steven