Download Speed with Kubuntu Karmic 64bit

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at
Fri Jan 29 16:23:07 GMT 2010

On Thursday 28 January 2010 10:16:41 pm nepal wrote:
> On Friday 29 Jan 2010 01:38:55 Steven Vollom wrote:
> > I just noticed in your reply mentioning you hadn't downloaded
> >  anything lately.  I may have misrepresented my desire.  If I used
> >  the term downloading, I made a mistake.  I am talking about
> >  internal transfers of information.  HDD to HDD or from partition
> >  to partition. My download speeds max out at about 320kbps.  That
> >  is very slow when referring what I am talking about.  If I misused
> >  the language, I am sorry.
> >
> > Steven
> Ah! Now I am with you. You mean the Notifications and Jobs icon (and I
> did think of this in the first place, but your descriptions persuaded
> me away from it! LOL.
> AFAIU there is no selectable icon for that service and IINM it appears
> in the .....
> and I've just discovered what you are after. Right click the system
> tray will give you various options.
> nepal.
I believe I read all the various options without success.  Do you think the
progress bar that shows from the panel is a KDE item or perhaps Kubuntu Karmic
or perhaps someone who created a plazmoid?  I would like to ask the correct
creator about this.  Thanks!