smtp password for kmail does not remain.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 29 15:25:02 UTC 2010

On Thursday 28 January 2010 10:05:22 pm Clay Weber wrote:
> On Thursday 28 January 2010 08:59:03 pm Steven Vollom wrote:

I believe I did that before I got your instruction.  Everything (including all
configuration) was exactly the same in Kmail as before I removed and
reinstalled kmail, so it did not occur to me to mention it. Sorry.

This morning, things have changed again.  I have successfully sent emails.  I
went to the configuration to see if the sending (smtp) settings showed that a
password was included, and the line that would normally show 8 dots was blank,
so I guess that line does not have to show evidence of a password being
entered to send mail.  Apparently this is a change in Kmail.

Since kmail seems to be working again, I guess the problem is solved, but I
have no idea what fixed the problem.  What would not work last night, worked
this morning, and no changes were made.  Thanks for your help.  If you have
any further instruction how I can improve my posting, please criticize.  I
sincerely want to do things right.

Steven