Any experience with the "Starling NetBook"?

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 09:40:49 UTC 2010

Thanks for your quick reply.

2010/1/25 Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com>

> I'll have to let you know, I ordered one a week or so ago and it's due
> to arrive tomorrow.

Perhaps you could share your first impressions after a few days working with it.

> It's my understanding that you can install basically anything you want
> to from the repositories, though some things might not work that well
> because of the resolution, memory constraints, or performance.  Not sure
> if I'll try to change the desktop environment or not.  It depends on how
> much the pared down gnome thing annoys me.

Probably I would rather try add KDE/ Kubuntu as an extra desktop
environment - the stable "netbook remix" which will come along with
Kubuntu 10.04.LTS.

>  From my research before buying one, the battery should last about 5 1/2
> to 6 1/2 hours.  We'll see if that's true or not.

This is what I hear about every 6 cell battery.

However it may be, I am looking forward to hear from you again.

Respectfully yours,

Bas.