microphone and skype

Errol Sapir errol at tzora.co.il
Sun Jan 10 20:50:39 UTC 2010

I have a nvidia ck804 sound card in my computer. I can hear and play
anything, music from CD's (DVD's), from internet, youtube and I hear
skype. I cannot get the microphone to be heard when using skype. When
looking at the skype configuration I see that the sound devices in skype
are all pulseaudio server (local). This applies to microphone, speakers
and ringing. As I said I do hear the other party in skype, but they
cannot hear me.
I don't know if I am looking in  how to change the configuration in
skype to have it recognize my nvidia card or even if that is the way I
should be solving the problem.
By the way in my dual booted computer, when using Windows, skype works
perfectly.
Help would be appreciated.
Errol