Welcome to the "kubuntu-users" mailing list

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Sat Feb 27 08:23:35 UTC 2010

Greetings --

On Saturday 27 February 2010 12:46:20 am Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> > 3. Mr. Alan rightly said that I may not have the drivers to play
media
> > files. Otherwise, why won't they play even when they are being
shown!!

> From a command line in Kubuntu (KMenu-Applications-System-Terminal)
type the
> following and hit enter:
>
>   sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras
>
> That should install most of the drivers you need.

I did this.  The system response was as follows --

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package kununtu-restricted-extras is not available, but is referred to
by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been
obsoleted, or is only available from another source
E: Package kubuntu-restricted-extras has no installation candidate

What is the best way to refine my understanding of the true problem --
and find ITS resolution?

Bruce   Mac Arthur
     bmacasuru at fastmail.us