Open Office upgrade??

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 20:21:22 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

>  What the Linux community needs is standard set of directories,
> which would really take the load off of each distro to maintain all
> packages. "Why can't we all just get along?"
> :) Ric

It has nothing to do with "standard set of directories".  LSB, Linux
Standard Base, already addresses this.

It is really more of a question of whether people who put out distros can
leave things alone.

There isn't any real technical reason not to include Open Office, Firefox,
Thunderbird *exactly* the way the people who develop it put it out.

It's more of an ego thing.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own