Open Office upgrade??

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Sat Feb 13 18:40:44 UTC 2010

On Saturday 13 February 2010 12:56:11 pm Ric Moore wrote:
> I'm having a couple of problems with OpenOffice. I install just what is
> available from the repos. I had my share of grief, when I used Fedora,
> with too new beta software so I'm a tad gun shy to install packages not
> "official". Yet, when I try to enter a bug report, the site advises me
> to upgrade before it'll accept my bug report. <sighs> I have Open Office
> 3.01 installed (1:3.01-9) and am running Jaunty.
>
> Am I missing something here?? Ric
As per Ubuntu's policy, there won't be an official update to a package's
*version* in each release, so the only ways to update would be

1) to download and install the latest OpenOffice version directly from Openoffice,
2) using a ppa https://edge.launchpad.net/~bugbear5
3) upgrade to karmic,

Probably 1) is safest, 2) is easiest

--